Vancocin CP contains the active substance vancomycin. Vancomycin is an antibiotic that belongs to a group of antibiotics called “glycopeptides”. Vancomycin works by eliminating certain bacteria that cause infections.
Vancomycin is used in all age groups by infusion for the treatment of the following serious infections:
– Infections of the skin and tissues below the skin;
– Infections of bone and joints;
– An infection of the lungs called “pneumonia”;
– Infection of the inside lining of the heart (endocarditis) and to prevent endocarditis in patients at risk when undergoing major surgical procedures;
– Infection in central nervous system;
– Infection in the blood linked to the infections listed above.
Subject to medical prescription.
Concentration and pharmaceutical form: 1 g powder for solution for infusion