Cardifriend contains an active substance called ramipril. This belongs to a group of medicines called ACE inhibitors. Ramipril works by decreasing the production of substances that could raise blood pressure, relaxes and widens blood vessels and makes it easier for the heart to pump blood.
Cardifriend is indicated for:
– treatment of hypertension;
– treatment of renal disease:
– incipient glomerular diabetic nephropathy as defined by the presence of microalbuminuria;
– manifest glomerular diabetic nephropathy as defined by macroproteinuria in patients with at least one cardiovascular risk factor;
– manifest glomerular non diabetic nephropathyas defined by macroproteinuria ≥ 3 g/day;
– treatment of symptomatic heart failure;
– secondary prevention after acute myocardial infarction: reduction of mortality from the acute phase of myocardial infarction in patients with clinical signs of heart failure when started >48 hours following acute myocardial infarction.
Subject to medical prescription.
Concentration and pharmaceutical form: 5 mg, 10 mg tablets