The active ingredient in LanzAcid is lansoprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called proton pump inhibitors.
LanzAcid works by lowering the amount of acid in your stomach.
LanzAcid is used for:
– Healing ulcers in your stomach or duodenum (gut);
– Healing and preventing ulcers caused by medicines called Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs). This includes medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, ketoprofen and piroxicam;
– Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD). This happens when acid from your stomach escapes into your food pipe (oesophagus) causing damage and inflammation;
Lansoprazole can relieve symptoms that can happen with the above conditions and stop them from coming back;
– The pain of indigestion or heartburn caused by too much acid (acid-related dyspepsia) in your stomach;
– Illnesses, such as Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome, where the stomach makes large amounts of acid. This can lead to diarrhoea and pain in the stomach;
– Infections caused by the bacteria Helicobacter pylori when lansoprazole is given in combination with antibiotic therapy.
Subject to medical prescription.
Concentration and pharmaceutical form: 30 mg gastro-resistant capsules, hard