Klacar is an antibiotic belonging to a group called the macrolides. Macrolide antibiotics are medicines that suppress or stop the growth of certain microorganisms (bacteria) that cause various infections.
Klacar is used to treat infections caused by susceptible microorganisms. This include:
– Chest infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia;
– Throat and sinus infections;
– Skin and soft tissue infections such as cellulitis, folliculitis or erysipelas;
– Eradication of Helicobacter pylori in patients with duodenal ulcer in combination with other medicines that suppress stomach acidity;
– Common or localized mycobacterial infections caused by certain types of microorganisms (Mycobacterium avium or Mycobacterium intracellulare; localized infections, caused by Mycobacterium chelonae, Mycobacterium fortuitum or Mycobacterium kandadii).
Subject to medical prescription.
Concentration and pharmaceutical form: 500 mg film-coated tablets