Ceftriaxon-Tchaikapharma is an antibiotic given to adults and children (including newborn babies). It works by killing bacteria that cause infections. It belongs to a group of medicines called cephalosporins.
Ceftriaxon-Tchaikapharma is used to treat infections of:
– the brain (meningitis)
– the lungs;
– the middle ear;
– the abdomen and abdominal wall (peritonitis);
– the urinary tract and kidneys;
– bones and joints;
– the skin or soft tissues;
– the blood;
– the heart;
– to treat specific sexually transmitted infections (gonorrhoea and syphilis);
– to treat patients with low white blood cell counts (neutropenia) who have fever due to bacterial infection;
– to treat infections of the chest in adults with chronic bronchitis;
– to treat Lyme disease (caused by tick bites) in adults and children including newborn babies from 15 days of age;
– to prevent infections during surgery.
Subject to medical prescription.
Concentration and pharmaceutical form: 1 g; 2 g powder for solution for injection/ infusion