Apiri is a medicine that contains acetylsalicylic acid. Taken in high doses, it relieves pain and reduces inflammation, lowers fever. Apiri at lower doses reduces the ability of blood platelets (thrombus) to adhere both to one another and to the walls of blood vessels, which reduces the risk of blood clots (thrombus).
Apiri is indicated for use in the following cardiovascular conditions:
– to reduce the risk of mortality in patients with suspected acute myocardial infarction;
– to reduce the risk of mortality in patients with myocardial infarction;
– for secondary prevention of stroke;
– to reduce the risk of transient ischemic attacks (TIA) and stroke in patients with TIA;
– to reduce the risk of morbidity and mortality in patients with stable and unstable angina;
– for the prevention of thromboembolism after vascular surgery or other interventions e.g. PTCA, CABG, carotid endarterectomy, arteriovenous shunts;
– for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism after prolonged immobilization, e.g. after major surgery;
– to reduce the risk of primary myocardial infarction in individuals at cardiovascular risk, such as diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidemia, arterial hypertension, obesity, smoking and in elderly people.
Subject to medical prescription.
Concentration and pharmaceutical form: 100 mg gastro-resistant tablets